Maybe it's still the extra hormones running through my system, or maybe Savannah's presence in my life is making me look at things a little differently than I once did. I'm assuming the latter is true. My whole world changed when she came along, and it's worth every change, every sacrifice...both the good and the not-so-good. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's amazing how much I love this little girl. I know everyone says that you can't possibly imagine just how much you'll love your child until you hold them in your arms...and I can't believe how true that is. I didn't know I was capable of loving someone as much as I love her. I love Peter with all my heart, he's my best friend, my partner, and my soul mate...but this is a different kind of love, a kind that I can't explain.
I've read this before, in countless email forwards, and it usually makes me smile and tear up a little. For some reason, today it really hit home for me. With everything that has happened in my life the last few months (the good and the bad), it really made me think, and helped me put a couple of things into perspective. Funny what a simple e-mail forward that normally gets glanced over and deleted can make you feel, when you take the time to really read and think about it.
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you’re not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
And most of all, enjoy every moment of every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment