"Children think not of what is past, nor what is to come, but enjoy the present time, which few of us do." - Jean DeLa Bruyere
Thursday, August 05, 2010
The end of an era...
The breastfeeding era, anyways. We're done nursing, and I'm done pumping. My supply took it's biggest hit yet after Tristan self-weaned, and pupming a grand total of 9-10 oz in a 24 hour period when he was eating 24-28 oz a day just wasn't worth the stress it was casuing me. It wasn't worth the person it was turning me into. I became so depressed and angry that my doctor threatened to put me on meds for PPD if I didn't quit pumping and have a significant mood change. Luckily, my mood has improved vastly. I'm very sad to have quit, but it's better for both Tristan and I that I quit. There's no sense turning myself into an angry, bitter, monster, just so I cam provide him breastmilk for 1/3 of his daily intake. Day by day, I'm more okay with the fact that we're done. I feel loads better, and I get the chance to enjoy feeding my son. It's a good feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment